digi-joho TOKYO: Latest Info
- The summer will be back again in Tokyo. The weather forecast says it will be hot in the final week of September.
- October 1st - Free admissions on Tokyo Citizens' Day The Tokyo Citizens' Day in 2016 falls on Saturday.
- October 10th(Mon) : Free admission at Tokyo Sea Life Park aquarium in Kasai Rinkai Park as its opening anniversary day.
- Mt.Fuji trails have closed for 2016. (Except 5th to 6th Sta of Fujinomiya Trail) - As of Sep.12
digi-joho JAPAN: Latest Info
- In early October, Shinmai or the fresh rice newly harvested this year in Tohoku regions will arrive in stores. Shinsoba or fresh buckwheat will also arrive in Soba noodle shops.
- In autumn the sun sets much earlier than summer. Keep this mind when you are on a hiking trip. Average time of Sunrise / Sunset and Temperatures by Month
- Hornets are aggressive in autumn. Be sure and stay away from their nests when you are in a mountain area. digi-joho JAPAN
- In September it gets cooler in Japan, but the humidity is still high.Be careful for food poisoning when you make Obento lunch boxes.
Location : Ibaraki prefecture, Greater Tokyo
Category : Sightseeing & Strolling, Shopping
The tallest bronze statue of Buddha in the world, stands in Ushiku of Ibaraki prefecture, about 38km away from the Narita airport.
The field below the statue will be covered with blooming cosmos flowers around mid-October.
Hitachi Seaside Park (Hitachinaka Kaihin Koen), located in Hitachi city, Ibaraki prefecture, is known for its hill on the seaside covered with Kochia balls in autumn.
The Kochia will be at its best in early October.
Autumn is the best season in Nikko. It will be so crowded during Sep and Oct. Be an early bird and try avoiding jam packed traffic, trains and busses. For accommodation, prior booking is strongly recommended if you are planning to stay there.
Toshogu Shrine Autumn Festival in Nikko
October 16th(Sun) - 17th(Mon) 2016
Oeshiki Festival at Ikegami Honmonji Temple
October 11th(Tue) - 13(Thu) 2016
Ota-ku ward is the home of Haneda International Airport. If you' are looking for something a little more off-the-beaten path, stopping over at Ota-ku will not be just for accommodation but also for exploring attractions of Tokyo.
Toden Arakawa-sen(line) is a streetcar system that is served between the historic neighborhoods Waseda and Minowa in the northern area of Central Tokyo. There are various attractions along the tramline, such as Japanese gardens, temples and old shopping streets.
Yabusame Horseback Archery at Anahachimangu
October 10th(Mon) 2016
Oeshiki Festival at Kishibojin Temple
October 16th(Sun) - 18(Tue) 2016
Narita City is known for Naritasan Shinshoji Temple, the must-visit sightseeing spot in Japan. From Narita International Airport Station to Narita Station, the closest station to Narita Shinshoji Temple, it takes only 10 minutes by train.
Being easily accessible from Tokyo, abounding with hot spring springs, beaches, and fresh seafood, Izu is widely known as one of the most popular resort areas among people living in Tokyo. Izu often appears in travel guide books as a hot spring resort for weekend breaks, but it is only one side of Izu, characterized by featuring a few towns there, Atami, Ito or Shuzenji.
Yatsugatake is a mountain range situated in the central region of Japan’s main island, famous for the alpine belt “Japan Alps” consisting of mountains higher than 3000 meters.
"Amazing, it only takes two and a half hours by train." The businessman who often comes to Tokyo from Ishikawa prefecture looked impressed, because it used to take more than four hours before the opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen Line. Indeed, this new bullet train line brings the advantage for business people who appreciate time-saving, and also for tourists who want to travel around the Hokuriku Region and the North Alps area.
A number of large outlet malls have opened around Kanto region and many of them are located in a resort area or popular tourist spots.